Friday, May 14, 2010

Teacher of the Year - Navarro Jr High 2009-2010

I was honored as Teacher of the Year at the Seguin Chamber of Commerce Banquet. I am the 2009-2010 Teacher of the Year for Navarro Jr High. I was completely humbled to receive the award even though I was gone for 10 weeks on maternity leave. My co-teachers nomiated me and voted. I love working under the supervision of Mr. Morales my principal and with the staff. We have a tight bond between the staff and watch out for each other and stick together through the good and tough times.
Another amazing teacher and life long friend Mrs. Valaree Marbach was the Teacher of the Year for Navarro Elementary. She is an insipation to me and is a fabulous teacher. I have looked up to her for many years and was excited to know we were honored the same year! I made it through the Superintendent talking about me and honoring me without crying, but when I sat down and Valaree told me " I am proud of you." the water works started. God is truely amazing with his timing.


No comments:

Post a Comment