Friday, January 29, 2010

Celebration of LIfe

Growing up, I knew Amy and I would be friends for life.....the matching swimsuits, glue stick shopping, graduations, weddings and children. I did not know the details of life and all God had in store for our friendship. I am thankful for our friendship through the good times and bad. After all, that is what true friends do...support each other.

As I have watched Amy and her husband Michael care for Rachel over the past two years, I have witnessed what life and true love is all about. I am blessed to have been a part of Rachel's life. She added a special touch to our wedding day and each day I was able to spend time with her.

As we celebrated her life yesterday and today, I was reminded of all the life lessons Rachel taught us. I was comforted by the words of God... "Let the children come to me..." She is a "miracle girl" for sure, who is "all done" with cancer and pain. I can see her putting on lipstick, blowing bubbles and swinging in Heaven.

Rachel you will always hold a special place our heart. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. You and Amy definitely are special friends. It is a wonderful thing to be... friends to the end through thick and thin...take care of each other and I love you both. Mom

    ReplyDelete