Friday, August 1, 2014

Ladies & Gentlemen We have a Diagnosis

I wanted to update everyone on Joseph's diagnosis of --- Cerebral Palsy. His neurosurgeon kept telling me the definition of CP while I was at the appointment to look at Joseph's MRI of his enlarged ventricles. She had been in the room for about an hour & was explaining that yes his ventricles were very mildly enlarged and there was no reason to do anything. Then, she was asking me questions about his army crawling, etc. After I left, I started thinking about what she had said & called the neurologist who completely agreed that he has CP. This is hopefully going to help us start receiving some financial assistance in the medical field. There is  a program called Medicaid buy-in for children with special needs & SSI that he should be eligible for now. If you know anyone with questions about all this please have them contact me. I have spent literally hours dealing with this stuff - to the point that the lady at the Medicaid office here in town tells me you need to become a consultant that people come to for help. She is super sweet and was so upset to see me back with him and a diagnosis. Remember - God uses everyone! I love that lady.

Anyways, this website is fabulous & I encourage you to go look at it.
http://cerebralpalsy.org/

I will post again Tuesday after surgery! Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment