Monday, August 10, 2009

Our First Anniversary

August 9th was Joey & I's 1st anniversary. We decided to celebrate by going back to the Riverwalk where we got married and stay at the same hotel. It was so much fun to reminisce. We walked from the hotel to the Little Church at La Villita and were there at the exact time we were married. It was fun and weird to think that a year had already passed by...where the time goes I have no idea! The Fairmont Hotel has great themes in each room.
Here we are in the chapel dressed a little more casually than a last year.

I had Joey take a baby bump picture! A little far away, but I am starting to get a belly.

Joey enjoying the Riverwalk.

We took a rest from walking in the mall and of course I went to the purple store. Expensive though...

We rode the River Boat and learned a lot of history. I have lived in the area since I was 2 and I don't remember ever riding the boat, so it was fun to be a tourist.
















After the boat ride and walking the Riverwalk, we went back to our room. When we got there the Cowboys bus was parked in front of the hotel. We did not see any of the players though.
The park was having the Salsa Competitoin and had some fun bands playing across the street. We hung out in the room and enjoyed the free concert!



It was great to spend the day together remebering our wedding. I actually got emotional in the church as we were praying and when we got home. I was surprised at myself because since I have been pregnant I have had no emotions, so I guess that is changing! Well, we are home and ready to face the upcoming school year.










1 comment: